After the first time I moved, I was inspired with the idea of the Immediate Box. With that move, I found that there are things that I needed on the day I moved into a new place and it is best to have them in a box or even a suitcase which I took in my vehicle. Some of the things I have discovered that need to be in the Immediate Box are the following:
- Bottled water – a case will be very useful especially if you move in the Summer
- Candles and matches
- Change of clothes for each household member
- Chargers – computer, tablet, cellular phone, etc.
- Favorite toys or games (for little ones and pets)
- Food (for your pet(s) and you)
- Hand towel
- Home phones
- Liquid soap dispenser or hand sanitizer
- Medications and supplements
- Paper plates and cups, napkins and plastic ware
- Pet supplies – leash, pooper scooper and bags, etc.
- Stereo, TV and DVD player remotes
- Surge protectors
- Toilet paper – at least one roll
These are just a few of the things that I found I needed or thought would be needed immediately after a move. As your pack prior to your move, you may want to mark your Immediate Box and place it in a central place so that your household can add things to it. The need for this box is also based on the premise that you do not plan to unpack everything the first day you move into your new home.